The ACA Board of Directors is the governing body of the association and meets three times each calendar year. The Board is comprised of people with a wide variety of skills and expertise, ranging from environmental scientists and legal experts to volunteers and paddlesports safety professionals. Each and every Board member shares a passion for outdoor recreation and involvement in the management of the ACA.
In addition, the Safety Education & Instruction Council, the National Competition Council, and several National Activity Committee's serve in advisory roles to the Board and can make policy recommendations for the Board to consider.
ACA members have general powers and authority to vote on, and conduct certain affairs of the association as described in the bylaws.
All ACA members are eligible to, and encouraged to attend the Annual Membership Meeting each fall.
- ACA National Bylaws - revised 2012 (PDF)
Upcoming ACA Board of Directors Meetings:
The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors:
- President - TBD at March meeting
- Vice President - TBD at March meeting
- Treasurer - Peter Sloan (Colorado)
- Secretary - Robin Pope (North Carolina)
- At-Large - Jerry Dunne (New York)
- Roby Hackney (Virginia)
- Bill Micks (Virginia)
- Kirk Havens (Virginia)
- Lili Colby (Massachusetts)
- Andrew Tush (Virginia)
- Steve Hutton (South Carolina)
- William Irving (North Carolina)
- Jeff Rouse (Virginia)
- David Bell (Oklahoma)
- Anne Maleady - Past President (Colorado)
- Tom Uebel - Sugar Island liaison (New York)
- Wade Blackwood - ACA Executive Director (Virginia)
Contact the ACA Board of Directors (online)
*If you are interested in learning more about being nominated for the ACA Board of Directors, please contact the ACA Executive Director.